GG: The Etude

Hello!

Happy holidays and  great new year to everyone!

I was at a flea market recently and picked up 26 issues from 1932-39 of
an American music magazine called The Etude.  Every now and then I'll
share excerpts from the magazine that relate to musical culture in the
US when GG was a mere pup.  (Ex-- opinions on soaking of the hands,
Sibelius' 5th, positions at the piano, music and the radio, various
pieces that GG has played, etc.) I was really surprised to note how much
in these magazines reveals that GG was a product of his time.  Cetainly
the prose is ripe for Gouldian parody. But I'll let you be the judge.

Does anyone know if there is a magazine that is a Canadian equivalent to
The Etude?  What international music magazines were popular when Gould
was growing up?

I don't have a use for all  issues of the magazine so if any of you
would like to have the extras and are willing to pay my cost ($1 US a
piece) & postage contact me at the address below and I'll supply more
details of the contents.

Best,
Mary Jo Watts
listowner, Fminor