GG: Howard Scott on the G'berg LP

--- Begin Message ---
Greetings to jh and Mary Jo,  Thanks for the welcome.  It's nice to be on
board and tell you "gone and forgotten", "ain't necessarily so".  dizscott
actually is my wife Anne Gillespie who puts up with all of my foibles.  But
jh, you certainly have made me dust off some cobwebs on my mind-40 years
worth!  For GG's Goldberg, we used on Telefunken(direct) u47 (see Life
Magazines October issue page 83, The Millenium).  Glenn is singularly the
only musician pictured in the 1000 years; picture taken by Gordon Parks in
30th street.  For On The Record, I think we used two Telefundens U 49's in
the mid position ( not omni but not sharp direct #1)  I'll mull that over.
 Those were the glory days of Columbia Records.  Did you know that the Lp
will be fifty years old in June 1998?  I was at the birth and death of that
record which changed the course of recorded music in the world.  More on that
if you'd like.  Ciao, Scotty

--- End Message ---