GG: The state of fminor

Hello everyone!

Several people have written to tell me that the fminor ftp log is down
(merci Thirhse; grazie Silvio!) so I've emailed Karl Berry, the member
who so graciously offers this service to us, to see what's happening
with the public archive.  I've often thought it would be a great idea to
be able to search this archive...anyone out there have the will, time
and expertise to make that possible?

I've also received several "are you there?" messages.  It seems as if
f_minor is functioning properly but memebrs have been silent.  So I'll
toss this out: does anyone have comments on the new _GlennGould_
magazine?  It features work by Junichi Miyazawa and Jvrgen Lundmark of
this list as well as much else.  Maybe someone would care to post a
couple of excerpts from the articles within the issue and we can discuss
their implications...

Best,
Mary Jo Watts
mwatts@rci.rutgers.edu