It wasn't me, honest.

Amigos,
Okay, this is going to seem a bit silly, but I've gotten several eMails
over it so let me clear this up...

Despite repeated sightings of what is obviously a convincing impostor, I
was not last week, nor have I ever been, a visitor in Canada. To those dear
friends who have written expressing some shock and surprise that I did not
stop by to say hello on my alleged trip north (and I can't tell who's
really hurt and who's just having me on...) I would like to say that I
didn't stop by because I wasn't there. Really. Due to my lack of visa and
passport, I am 2000 miles away from Toronto and haven't been so much as
within sight of the Canadian border since a lousy trip to Niagra Falls when
I was 16. And even then I stayed in New York the entire time. Had I
actually been on Canadian soil last week, rest assured that you all would
have become exhaustingly aware of my presence, as I would have tried to
sponge a place to sleep or at least a free meal out of every single one of
you. ;-)

In closing, let me say that despite my disappointing record of lifelong
deficiency in jaunts north of US territory, I will most definitely make a
trip up as soon as possible and will most assuredly stop by and say hello -
forewarned is forearmed, Torontonians!

Thank you, my apologies and regrets to all Canadians for my absence.

Hugs and smooches,
Kristen :-D

"Those are terrible people who don't like Glenn Gould.
...I will have nothing to do with such people, they are dangerous people."

                                  -- Thomas Bernhard