Re: GG... a new game and more!

At 11:29 AM -0400 10/2/97, Arin Murphy wrote:
>Hullo, all.
>
>Well, well, well... so at least two F-Minors were present at those
>glorious films. Were you one of the four in the very, very front, K? Right
>in front of the stage?

    Who, me? In Toronto? No, I wasn't there at all. I was safe at home in
front of the monitor, absorbing f_minor electrons and chatting online.

> I feel very grateful to have been given the
>opportunity to have seen those films, and in such a great atmosphere, too.
>Loved it.

Oh sure Arin... rub it in... ;-)

>Speaking of Ye Olde Celebrations, who's going to break the news to
>Jennifer that the webchat was less than successful? Love to be a fly on
>that virtual wall! Go ahead, Kristen, forward her a copy of your
>hysterical Fantasia!)

    Who me? Break the news to Sony? I think I made enough of a ruckus
during the chat directly to the support guys. I'd hate to discourage Sony
from trying it again next year, it's such a wonderful gesture.

>Hmm... I was excited at the thought of this new game, then found myself at
>a loss to come up with anything.

    I'm still at a loss. I love G's transcription style, I guess I would
have loved to hear him whip up a few more of those. I'm sure it would only
take him 7 or 8 minutes to throw down some Mahler. As for pure piano works?
Call me a blasphemer, but I would have loved for Gould to play Gershwin.
Heck, he came so close with some of his Hindemith, Prokofiev and Beethoven
he may just as well have gone ahead and tried it. If we're limiting the
list to longhair music then sure, I'd love to hear him play some Chopin,
but I really wish he'd recorded Hindemith's Ludus Tonalis, too.

Regards,
Kristen

"Those are terrible people who don't like Glenn Gould.
...I will have nothing to do with such people, they are dangerous people."

                                  -- Thomas Bernhard