GG: Stokowski/cartoons

On Thu, 2 Oct 1997, Mark Williamson wrote:

>      Just came in on the tail end of this thread, but something
>      does not seem right here.  Mickey Mouse belongs to Disney,
>      and the Looney Toons (Tunes?) characters belong to Warner
>      Brothers.  To the best of my knowledge, the only time they
>      have ever worked together was in "Who Framed Roger Rabbit,"
>      on which Disney and WB worked together.  Can you edify me,
>      please?

Love that duelin'-ducks scene between Donald and Daffy.

The only other tenuous overlap I can think of is that Stokowski conducted
"Fantasia" (which GG reportedly hated), and then Bugs Bunny impersonates
Stokowski in that short with the singer "Giovanni Jones," you know, the
one where the audience is gasping, "Leopold, Leopold!" when BB walks in in
tails and a wig.

There might also have been an "Animaniacs" (WB) takeoff of something
Disney sometime, I wouldn't be at all surprised.  Their sendup of Barney
the dinosaur is a scream.

Anybody happen to know anything about the Fantasia sequel that's in the
works for 1999?  I hadn't heard about it until a moment ago, seeing it
listed at http://us.imdb.com/cache/title-exact/39989 :

Written by
      Hans Christian Andersen (story The Steadfast Tin Soldier)

Music by
      Bruce Broughton (transitions)
      Paul Dukas (from "L'apprenti sorcier")
      Edward Elgar (from "Pomp and Circumstance March No. 1")
      Modest Moussorgsky (from "A Night on Bald Mountain")
      Amilcare Ponchielli (from "La Gioconda")
      Dmitri Shostakovich
      Pyotr Ilyich Tchaikovsky (from "Nutcracker Suite Op. 71a")
      Ludwig Van Beethoven (from "5th symphony in C minor, Opus 67")

James Levine conducting.

Bradley Lehman ~ Harrisonburg VA, USA ~ 38.44N+78.87W
bpl@umich.edu ~ http://www-personal.umich.edu/~bpl/