Re: GG: Great Genius

Bradley P Lehman wrote:

> On Wed, 24 Sep 1997, David Libby and Steve Burkholder wrote:
>
> > >   Why exactly are you here?

Why is any of us here? We must all, including Brother Lehman, have some obsessive quality in common to join.

My criticism of Mr Lehman is his use of the expression "inherent in the music", which is a nonsense. And what
is an "imposed concept"? A concept is a concept. Too subtle for my meagre magnum.

But you gotta hand it to him for stirring up a bitofa hornet's nest. And for going against the mood of the
list, which does, from time to time, appear rather adulatory, perhaps even to the point of being uncritical.

Too bad he backs down when faced with a bit of opposition. Come on Brad! These aren't just *opinions*? Back in
the ring!

gb

You do not seem to care for Glenn Gould or show any particular respect for his work.