Subject: Schoenberg
Author:  "Bob & Judy Williams" <prospero@netins.net> at internet
Date:    9/15/97 5:29 PM

Kristen, you make me very sorry that I don't live in Toronto. If you
should ever be so deluded as to come to Iowa, let me know and we will
be delighted to have you.

I think that what we see is a reaction against Schoenberg as part of
the backlash against academe and its fixation with atonal music. We
have, in other words, yet to see Schoenberg as the composer pure and
simple. I cheered for Mahler long before most music lovers saw him as
anything but a pretentious and marginally talented composer so I'll
risk another prediction: I think Schoenberg will be more important in
the future than many whose position now seems secure.

Bob