Re: Moment of silence?

Dear Minors,

	Excuse the non-Gould posting, but I feel safer because Mary Jo led the
way!

	Princess Diana may deserve a Web "moment of silence," but there's no doubt
in my mind that Mother Teresa deserves one far, far more.  To propose a
spin on one of GG's games--

	"If you were Glenn Gould, which person would you prefer: Princess Diana or
Mother Teresa?"

	Glenn knew all about constructing an identity through the media, and the
Princess Diana so many mourn was a media creation.  So too, I guess, is our
image of Mother Teresa, but for the Princess humanitarian work was part of
her public relations; caring for others was Mother Teresa's life, and a
nobler life is difficult to imagine.

Robert

----------

> Subject: Diana?
> Author:  Ingvar Loco Nordin <loco.nordin@mbox200.swipnet.se> at internet
> Date:    9/5/97 4:53 PM
>

> I do not understand this... There must be some slip in my logic. I just
> cannot see the relevance of the Princess's untimely death. There are
> thousands of car crashes all over the place every day. People get smashed

> to jelly all over the planet, in traffic accidents.
>
> Now, when someone like the Princess goes down, the whole world cries.
Why?