GG : About Authenticity

        Hi minors,

        Just a word about Mark's post (5/28 14.48), saying that Gould
  was a pioneer in authenticity.

        I have read in the Encyclopeadia Universalis that GG sometimes
  corrected Bach's own faults in constructions of conter-point.

        Always about authenticity : the Prelude n°2 C minor (W.T.K. vol I;
  recordset  63/64/65) is particularly amazing. Gould takes there a lot of
  liberties  in tempo :  slowing, accelerating,... but the most disturbing
  (from an  academical point of view) is that way of picking all the notes,
  and  playing the whole piece much slower than most pianists. But, as far
  as I'm concerned, the genius of Gould appeares clearly  when  he  puts a
  light  on the  melody  of  the  bassest  notes,  often  away from other
performances.
Michel Crucifix , etudiant en physique, Courriere, Belgique
Eudora 1.5.2 (attached files ; quoted printable)
<< Wallon et fir di l'esse >>
Interests : Piano (Practice & listening Glenn Gould) ; Astronomy