Re: GG: and surgery

Katherine Lee forwarded:

>Toscanini for a tonsillectomy? Bach for brain surgery?

Well, it's a long time ago, but I remember that when one of our kids was
born, by ceasarean section, the surgeon presiding (is that what surgeons
do?) offered my wife and I Vivaldi or (I think) Bach. I don't think we
chose. Oddly enough, I don't think the choice of baroque listening was
critical to either of us right at that moment....

Strange, because I listen to little else besides baroque music now.....

Draw your own conclusions.

- Alun

The  P H O E N I X  P A R T N E R S H I P  --  Alun Severn & Terry Potter
public and voluntary sector research,  development and project management
ALUN SEVERN                             1 Chestnut Road  Oldbury  B68 0AX
                                                   Tel/Fax: 0121 421 5852
                                            email: alun@ukiah.demon.co.uk
An age is always a farrago of different ages.  Whole parts of it are
unleavened and undercooked; it contains the husks of old forces, and
the seeds of new ones.                              - Alfred Doblin, 1924