The invasion

Dearest eveybody...
        I've cooled off a bit now, rearranged a few small paintings to
cover the bare spaces, swept up the plaster in the kitchen, spent a night
in the company of some sympathetic neighbors... I think I am ready to
rejoin the world again and put the incident to rest.
        I can't tell you how wonderful it was to read some of the
empathetic mail I've gotten since my "Bitterness Manifesto", and I've
realized it can be a useful thing to take a sort of 'humanity rolecall'
every once in a while and hear from the individuals who make the world more
than tolerable, who make it downright enjoyable. Hearing your similar
experiences has made me feel not so alone in this ordeal, and it is good to
know that I can have so many close friends (many of whom I've never even
met) who are so willing to be supportive and generous.
        I will try to find another copy of the symposium, perhaps Lise will
remember me and dub a copy - if she has one, thanks to K. Lee for the
suggestion. (I'll start a distribution ring immediately if I'm
successful.:-) On Monday I'm meeting with an alarm company to get an
estimate on a security system, and perhaps it will restore a bit of the
confidence I've lost. In the meantime, thank you to everyone who has
expressed their sympathies, you are the people who make it all worthwhile.
(Group hug!)

Warm regards,
Kristen

"I have several titles for diseases which I am expecting to use in later
life and have not yet had occasion to make use of. I always find that a
good disease title will impress your average concert manager to no end."

                                                              -- Glenn Gould