Subject: GG : Trills in Beethoven
Author:  Michel Crucifix <michel.crucifix@scf.fundp.ac.be> at internet
Date:    5/19/97 9:08 PM

Hello everybody, (sorry for bad English ; I'm French speeking)

I've read GG recorded the third piano concerto from Beethoven with Herbert
von Karajan. I presume this performance is now part of Sony's Glenn Gould
Edition. I would be gratefull if somebody might give me a light about it.

About the 5vth Beethoven's piano concerto ( GG ; Leopold Stokowski). I am
quite surprised by the way GG plays the trills in the last movement. In
fact, he plays them as quarter of quavers - exactly like in Bach or even
Mozart - and giving as result a "Gould-fashioFrom owner-f_minor@email.rutgers.edu Thu May 22 23:02:06 1997