Rachmaninov Once More

Greg. I agree with your assessment of R. I would not have written
since I have very little to add to that statement and it hardly
seemed worth a message.

I do temper my agreement with a little heresy. I received a gift of
R's symphony 2 and was surprised after jaw cracking yawns through
much of his other work to find that I enjoyed this one and play it
moderately often. I had the same experience at about the same time
with Holst's The Planets. I have become philosophical about these
backslidings and may even be heard to say that, although there are
good reasons to like what we like, it may be wise to be moderate in
our expressions about what we don't like.

"We know what we are but know not what we may be."

Best regards,

Bob Williams prospero@netins.net