their electrons.

From:         Chie B Ng <cbng@bellsouth.net>
Date:         1997/04/27
Newsgroups:   alt.music.j-s-bach
[More Headers]

Hannu H{rk|nen wrote:
>         A few arguments against Gould WTC I: C major prelude (surprise,
> surprise), C minor fugue, F minor prelude. Of course there are great
> moments in Gould WTC I, too, but the overall image is quite dull.

I don't understand why people don't like GG's C major prelude.  GG plays
it in a playful and refreshing manner.  The F minor prelude is a little
slow but it doesn't drag on.

>         I should have emphasized the connection between the strings "(I)"
> and "Schiff". I agree that Schiff's second book isn't very exciting. In
> the second book Gould would be my choice, too.

I really like Glenn Gould's WTC 1 but there is something different about
his WTC 2 that prevents me from forking over $30.  Maybe it's the
recording sound or Gould's playing changed in the 6 or 7 years between
WTC 1 and WTC 2.