Re: your mail

    Dear Matthew,

                   I sense a little bit of embarrassment on your part at
not getting the kind of reaction from the posts that you REALLY wanted.  I
would like to believe that I really was the subject of some kind of
"psychology experiment" on your part, however a) I don't feel that I
really fit the category of the type of person you were attempting to
"bait"  b) there was really nothing in your posts, especially the first
three, that distinguished them from the common newsgroup flames that
thankfully we don't have to deal with too often in f_minor, and c) you
obviously don't have a point.  If you were attempting to fluster the
members of f_minor with your startling "Does Glenn eat dog?" comment and
your witty subsequent comment "No, he eats scrambled..... etc." then I'm
afraid you've failed, as we're mostly grownups here, and Harold Schonberg
would probably upset us more than anything you could come up with.
     I would, however, be interested in starting a thread regarding your
"bait" in which you challenged f_minor members to criticize GG.  I've
received a response from Robert asking me to develop some of the
criticisms I made in that "subjective take on your charater (sic)" that I
made in my response to you.  I see this not as an opportunity to denigrate
a great artist out of jealousy that I see so often in the pages of our
newspapers, but more as an exercise in pinning down what exactly it is
that makes GG such a provocative character.
	Once again, Matthew, I'm sorry I don't buy your explanation that
you were just trying to see how people would respond to your
"quick-trigger, unprovoked" nonsense.  If you truly are interested in the
psychological implications of flame messages, I suggest you go elsewhere.
I know I've not been had.  Also, if this message seems a bit too earnest
to you, I apologize, but I recognize the the more serious ramifications of
your message, and I thank you for calling attention to those specific
questions I singled out.  Once again, Matthew, we are all guilty.  I am,

                      Sincerely Yours,
                              Greg Romero