Re:

At 5:45 PM 4/29/97, Matthew C Gamber wrote:
>Dear F-minors,
>
>I have been victim to many subjective takes on my charater similar to the
>one I posted.  A desire set in to find out how others would defend
>themselves such quick-trigger, unprovoked comments.  I was curious to find
>out the quality, quantity, and position of the rebuttles that I was
>destined to recieve.
>>I understand my status is jeopordized and I apologize for including
>members in the experiment.
>P.S. You people gave me plenty of laughs.  The idea was quite perverted to
>concieve.

Dear Matthew (if that is your real name...)
        You aren't the first person to conceive of this trick, in case
you're wondering. (Did my response to your post give that away?) Ask
somebody around here about Frank. Anyhoo, I'm glad you enjoyed yourself.
That's all that matters.
Kristen

"It is not just Gould's playing but the fact that he stopped playing,
turned his back on the world, that fascinated Bernhard. It didn't matter
that this example was partly a myth, or that the actual Gould quite cannily
orchestrated his public image and record sales. ...Bernhard didn't need
Glenn Gould, he needed the "idea of Glenn Gould" -- the "thought vehicle"
with which he could spin out his own literary variation..."

--Mark Anderson