GG: Private Life

> Is Gould from a generation that has more respect
>for the "private" life of
>public icons?  Did someone less "ethical" than >Friedrich name names?

I personally believe today's generation is not able
to believe a public figure could have been so
involved in music, that a personal relationship
never came up.  Gossip in half hour increments (or
hour long if you count those awful talk shows)
permeate our society.  Apparently, our media culture
thinks sex is the foremost thought on every man,
woman, AND child's mind.

Just recently a music club (to which I know longer
belong) released a collection--music composed and
performed by the world's most famous homosexuals.
Among them was Bernstien.  Now I know that he tended
to be a bit effeminate, and who knows what went on
in his private life (after all, having a wife and
children means nothing anymore.)  Who determined
this to be true?  Where's the proof?  Are there
pictures?  This collection was based in rumor and
inuendo.  The fact is WHY DOES IT MATTER, AND WHOSE
BUSINESS IS IT ANYWAY?

I fully believe that Glenn Gould occupied his
thoughts with music, philosophy, and social
analysis.  He avoided close physical contact for
reasons which many have speculated, but few have
found proof.  Above all, GG wore his heart on his
sleeve.  He expressed his opinion openly.  That is
why there is so much material for us to analyze.  I
believe if it ain't out there, it don't exist.

Lori L.