Re: GG: Images

At 08:34 PM 3/2/97 +0000, Alun Severn wrote:

>The whole thing slips inside a pretty ordinary clear plastic wallet.
>Frankly, given that it has a "special collector's item" sticker on it, I
>thought it was pretty much a rip-off, and Sony went down another notch in
>my estimation. If they really wanted to provide eager, keen, loyal GG fans
>with a genuine collector's item, they could have done so much better.
>Anybody out there really *like* Images?

As I think I mentioned once before, the real thing I got out of "Images" was
a desire to listen to more non-Bach Gould. I must have 25 or so GG CDs, all
Bach so Images allowed me to 'sample' some non-Bach recordings. On my next
visit to my preferred classical CD shop, I might just buy some more CDs. As
a matter of interest, I don't think I've played the 'Bach' Images CD as I'm
sure I've got full recordings of everything there....

 Huw Davies                      | e-mail: Huw.Davies@latrobe.edu.au
 Information Technology Services | Phone: +61 3 9479 1550  Fax: +61 3 9479 1999
 La Trobe University             | "My Alfas keep me poor in a monetary
 Melbourne Australia 3083        | sense, but rich in so many other ways"