RE: Ital. Conc: faves?

Alun -

I feel all the three new GG edition discs might be "sustained" or ech
oed.
If you compare Wurtenberg Sonata and "So you want to write a fugue?"
with the ones in the Silver Jubilee Album (as LP or a Japanese CD),
you will notice they are different.  Some prefer the new releases and

others no, but at least to say, the new releases are not conventional
 "straight"GG sound.

Regards,

Junichi

P.S.  BTW, I talked on the phone with Bruno Monsaingeon about ten
days ago. He told me the other recording of the Italian Concerto (198
1)
was totally different performance from the one in 1959.