GG: Thanksgiving theory

>I think GG really didn't like the Italian Concerto >too much,

I would like to indulge the group with an analogy:

About late August or early September, a person
decides to have a wonderful Thanksgiving
get-together.  This person begins with planning,
researching cookbooks for interesting recipes,
emassing all the ingredients required.

Throughout the weeks that follow, this person
practices the recipes, makes arrangements for
centerpieces, designs an invitation, meticulously
follows an agenda designed to put on the perfect
spread.  This person is consumed day and night with
ideas to make that Thanksgiving something special.

Finally, the day arrives.  The turkey has been
simmering in the oven since early morn.  The
desserts line the counter.  The special side dishes
are in various stages of preparation.  The guests
arrived in formal wear, and they are truly amazed by
what they see.  "Oh, my how wonderful this all
looks!  You have truly outdone yourself!" they say.

But.......for some reason, this person is so sick of
the smell of turkey, the table they have been
designing for weeks, and they have an overwhelming
urge to burn the now infamous cookbooks.

As meticulous as Glenn Gould was in everything he
did, we should not misinterpret his comments about
how he didn't like this piece or that one after he
recorded it.  I believe whatever GG didn't like, he
didn't record.  In my opinion, he was really
suffering from post-Thanksgiving day syndrome.

Lori Lalonde