GG: Everything!

Hello all! I've been absent for about a week because of dress rehearsals
and midterms and work and illness, but here are my contributions, late
though they may be:

Junichi:
The 9.95$ copy of _The Maestro_ is indeed the paperback copy, well-bound
though. FYI, Tim Wynne-Jones is now best-known as a children's author -
he won the Governor General's award twice, once for _The Maestro_ and
once for a wonderful collection of short stories entiltled _Some of the
Kinder Planets_. He writes picture books too. He has written adult
novels, notably his first called _Odd's End_, which won a major debut
novel award here in Canada (sorry, it escapes me at the moment) which I
just loved - sort of a mystery-thriller-suspense that goes quite deep
into human psychology and takes place in our beautiful MAritimes, near
Lunenburg, Nova Scotia.

My thanks to Bradley, K. Berry and Bruce: yes, of course it was Wanda
Landowska I was thinking of. My mind is in six trillion different places
these days. Where would I be without you?

My thanks also go out to those who have been participating in the
recommendations for speaker placement. You supplied a badly needed shot
of tear-inducing laughter. (And I will NEVER admit to experimenting with
speaker placement to anyone but you... suffice it to say I had tried some of
those suggestions not so long ago looking for a perfect audio balance!)

Arin Murphy
Concordia University, Montreal

The absolute requirements of literary labour not unfrequently compel an
irregular distribution of time, and with it irregular social and moral
habits. (J.W. Kaye)