Re: FW: GG: The Maestro

At 8:57 AM 2/20/97, St-Laurent Gilles wrote:
>You can listen to a very entertaining reading by Tim Wynne-Jones of an
>excerpt of The Maestro at:
>http://www.nlc-bnc.ca/events/readings/govgen/1995/etim.htm  (RealAudio
>format)

Hey everyone, I've just come from this site, and I feel compelled to *urge*
you all to go and listen to the reading. I've seldom heard a fictional
account of an encounter with a non-fictional character that was so vivid,
so believable. Tim Wynne-Jones must have a very deep understanding of GG,
or at least an admiration that goes beyond the ordinary. What an endearing,
frustrating and mezmerizing portrait Wynne-Jones paints of the Maestro, I
think that Gould would have loved it. The encounter between Gould (Nog) and
Burl brings to mind all of the accounts I've read of Gould's fondness for
children, the ease with which he captured their attention, made them laugh,
and taught them tricks with reel-to-reel audio tape. I wish that I could
hear Wynne-Jones read the entire novel, he does a marvelous job, but I will
definitely now purchase the book based on this audio clip. Thank you,
Gilles, for bringing it to my attention.

"Yeah, well uhhh, I can relate to what you're sayin', man, but like, not
with any negative vibes, yuh know, cuz' as far as I'm concerned, when
you're dealin' with uh, middle Mozart there, you go mainly for the
beats..."      -Theo Slutz