Re: To be exact or not

>Does anyone i our list know something about Goulds non-artistically sides.
>I mean his ability to solve equations to do physics and chemistry etc.

        Yes, there is that touching (and slightly unnerving) monological
math scene in 32SF@GG, but also of note is Bob Fulford's recollection in
"Growing Up Gould" that
"...In some subjects, though, he was amazingly quick. Like most good
musicians, he was immediately at home in mathematics. In grade ten geometry
he gobbled up the textbook, rushing nimbly through the whole year's work by
October, pausing occasionally to explain something to me."
        Despite his later interest in the works of Shakespeare (judging by
his membership in John Roberts' amateur dramaticists' club,) the young
Gould was not as fond of English lesson memory work.
Regards, Kristen

"Yeah, well uhhh, I can relate to what you're sayin', man, but like, not
with any negative vibes, yuh know, cuz' as far as I'm concerned, when
you're dealin' with uh, middle Mozart there, you go mainly for the
beats..."      -Theo Slutz