Re: Gould Bias

Kristen said:

>        Really? My Gould/Rose & Laredo set sounds like hell in a box. [....]
>The violin fuzzes out the mid range, the sound
>breaks up altogether in some places; it's really just awful.

Kristen,

I haven't tried the set on 'phones, it's true -- I don't like them much
anyway: I wear glasses and find that after just a few minutes the 'phones
cause the sidebars to press painfully behind my ears....If I take off the
glasses to avoid this -- a logical move -- then I can't see a thing.

But I'll try and remember to give them a try with 'phones over the w/e and
let you know what the quality is like. Over speakers I think it's terrific.

- Alun

ALUN SEVERN        *  Snailmail              1 Chestnut Rd  Oldbury
                                        W.Midlands  B68 0AX England
                   *  Tel                      + 44 (0)121 422 9509
                   *  Fax                      + 44 (0)121 643 0661
                   *  Email                  alun@ukiah.demon.co.uk
"Solitude is the prerequisite for ecstatic experience..."
                                                      - Glenn Gould