Re: GG:Solitude Trilogy

MJ wrote:

>I was thinking about the (IMHO ridiculous) idea GG had of making a
>fourth docudrama in the ST about China and the Chinese as a solitary
>people. (Of course after refusing to travel to China to test his theory
>for himself!)

I don't think this was such a ridiculous idea: I think GG spotted that to
live amongst millions, in a (then) highly regimented social system, can be
a kind of isolation, or can produce a sensibility which values and
understands isolation...

Just a thought....

- Alun

ALUN SEVERN        *  Snailmail              1 Chestnut Rd  Oldbury
                                        W.Midlands  B68 0AX England
                   *  Tel                      + 44 (0)121 422 9509
                   *  Fax                      + 44 (0)121 643 0661
                   *  Email                  alun@ukiah.demon.co.uk
"Solitude is the prerequisite for ecstatic experience..."
                                                      - Glenn Gould