[Fwd: Re: To be exact or not]

--- Begin Message ---
Dear Micheal,

I recall a scene in the Thirty Two Short Films about GG, where he was
sitting on a dock solving large multiplication problems instantly in his
head.  Past that I don't know how much truth there is to it?  Anyone?

Also...I remember him mentioning that when interviewing he liked to ask
questions sometimes only indirectly related to his topic (his example
was prospects interplanetary travel, I think), anyway whether this was
true or not, this involves physics.

All the Best,
Charlie

-------------------------------
Michael Mogensen wrote:

 Dear All.

Does anyone i our list know something about Goulds non-artistically
sides. I mean his ability to solve equations to do physics and chemistry
etc. The reason I ask this, is that it came to my mind yesterday that
(as I recall it) Bruno Monsaingeon or Otto Friedrich or someone else
once
mentioned, that his skills i strictly scientific directions (vague I
know) was considerable. Am I wrong or what ? Any good stories except
from his rather successfully stock-exchange-transaction parallel to his
career ?

>From Denmark with love, Michael Mogensen (mathematician).
mogensen@post6.tele.dk

--- End Message ---