To be exact or not

Dear All.

Does anyone i our list know something about Goulds non-artistically sides.
I mean his ability to solve equations to do physics and chemistry etc.

The reson I ask this, is that it came to my mind yesterday that (as I
recall it) Bruno Monsaingeon or Otto Friedrich or someone else once
mentioned, that his skills i strictly scientific directions (vague I know)
was considerable. Am I wrong or what ?

Any good stories except from his rather successfully
stock-exchange-transaction parallel to his career ?