GG:Solitude Trilogy

I was thinking about the (IMHO ridiculous) idea GG had of making a
fourth docudrama in the ST about China and the Chinese as a solitary
people. (Of course after refusing to travel to China to test his theory
for himself!)

I wonder why it never occured to him to do a docudrama about Quebec
(other than the obvious reason that he'd likely have had to interview
French speakers and edit tape in a language he didn't understand very
well.)

Does anyone on the list live or used to live in Newfoundland?  North of
60? Bradley's been kind enough to give us his input about _The Quiet in
the Land_ from his perspective as a Mennonite.  Does anyone have any
experience that might relate to the other two docudramas?

Also I'd like to ask the Canadians on the list several really general
questions.
1) What is to be Canadian?
2) What's your idea of North?
3) What does Gould mean as a national figure?
	Also, during his lifetime I get the impression he was always on 	the
radio or T.V.  Does anyone have specific memories of Gould 		in the
media?  Does anyone recall how the press reported his 		death?  Was it a
big media event?
4) What do you think will be the result of the drastic CBC cuts?  Could
a Gould-like figure have as much access now to the resources of 	the
national media?

-MJ