Improvisation?

Hello everyone!

If you study the lists of recordings in say Stegemann's Gould biography,
you come across some rather strange items. One of those I'd be very much
interested to know more about: there's a segment on Gould's own music
which includes a "Contrapuntal Improvisation on the American and English
National Anthem" (p.472). What kind of music is this, and in what
context did Gould play it. I cannot but associate the title to Leopold
Godowsky's Johann Strauss paraphrases (muisc which I adore), but that
wouldn't be very Gouldian would it?

My second question is perhaps a bit easier to answer. What cadenza did
Gould use in the first movement of Mozart's 24th concerto. According to
Stegemann (p.474) it is by Gould himself, but in the "Selected letters"
Gould mentions a candenza by Hummel in connection to a performance of
this concerto. Which is it, if any?

Regards,
Jorgen