Re: GG: Glenn Gould Edition VIII

If GG Edition VIII is the last, why didn't Sony include the '81 Goldberg?

As for Gould Bias Syndrome, I am a long time sufferer.   Especially, if
GG's rendition was my first exposure to the music.  I can even listen to
and *gasp* enjoy GG's playing of Schoenberg, even though I don't
understand the music.  Only Gould performance that I avoid is the
Appasionata sonata.  Just thinking about that 1st movement makes me ill.

I wonder how many people store "Gould" CDs separately from other classical
titles.  When I try to pick out a CD to listen to, I find myself thinking,
"hmmm, something by Beethoven? or bit of Gould?"  As I said, am a long
time sufferer and enjoying it!

Gerald Cho