Re: GG: GG as vocalist

Gregory:

CD318 wasn't always available, seeing as how it couldn't be shipped all
over the world with Gould. I suppose you could say that the vocalising
came about as a result of his attempts during live performances to atone
for the failure of whatever instrument he was working with to live up to
his expectations, and it became such a habit that he automatically did it
even during his later recordings. I'll look into it more for you.

Arin Murphy
Concordia University, Montreal

The absolute requirements of literary labour not unfrequently compel an
irregular distribution of time, and with it irregular social and moral
habits. (J.W. Kaye)