Gibbons and son

I'm just reading the liner notes, prior to istening to, a CD I just bought
tonight (in an orgy of CD buying this past few days: Matthew Locke's
CONSORT OF FOWER PARTS, with the superb viol consort, Fretwork. The liner
says that little is known of Locke (1621/2 -- 1677): "A blank follows his
early training at Exeter Cathedral, where as a chorister he knew
Christopher Gibbons, orphaned son of the better remembered Orlando...."

Does anyone know how or why OG's son was orphaned? I'll *bet* someone does....

Hopefully,  Alun

ALUN SEVERN      *  Home               1 Chestnut Rd   Oldbury   Warley
                                        West Midlands  B68 0AX  England
                                                     Tel  0121 422 9509
                                          Email  alun@ukiah.demon.co.uk
                 *  Work          Tel 0121 643 4343   Fax 0121 643 0661
"There's quite a bit of piano-playing going on there -- and I mean that
as the most derogatory comment possible."             -- Gould on Gould