Subject: Re: GG:Flame Warning
Author:  Robert Kunath <kunath@hilltop.ic.edu> at internet
Date:    2/5/97 2:24 PM

Dear Gouldians,

        A Gould-inspired endorsement of Mary Jo's flame policy:

        Many of you have argued persuasively that Gould would have adored
the Internet and the new prospects for technologically-mediated contact
that it offers.  I'm sure you're right, but I also think he would have
abhorred the way the 'net has in some ways contributed to a culture of
aggressive rudeness.  I am sure he would be pleased to think that his
listserve was distinguished by the civility of its discourse.

        Robert Kunath