Re: GG:Flame Warning

Dear Gouldians,

	A Gould-inspired endorsement of Mary Jo's flame policy:

	Many of you have argued persuasively that Gould would have adored
the Internet and the new prospects for technologically-mediated contact
that it offers.  I'm sure you're right, but I also think he would have
abhorred the way the 'net has in some ways contributed to a culture of
aggressive rudeness.  I am sure he would be pleased to think that his
listserve was distinguished by the civility of its discourse.

	Robert Kunath