"non-musical types" appreciating GG's music

It was a curious comment, since GG, when interviewed in "Concert Dropout"
(the recording), stated that "most concert-goers are not musicians and
don't care anything about music." Of course, that was one of the
annoyances that propelled him to quit the concert stage. It therefore
appears to me that GG would not be thrilled by the inclusion of
non-musicians to his Web site. On the other hand, the people he liked
most were NOT musicians, nor even interested in music (B. Monsiagnon, YM, et
al, not withstanding). By his own words, he preferred the company (or
phone contact) of "journalists...." This attitude of almost contempt
toward some members of his live concert audiences is very telling, since
he kept such opinions to himself until after he abandoned his concertizing.
I have heard some persons to whom this comment was apparently aimed
refuse to purchase his recordings in retribution. Anyone care to continue
this line of thinking?