Re: More on Gibbons; GG and Mozart

On Mon, 26 Aug 1996, Eugene Selig wrote:

> GG recorded the sonata K. 330 twice (the only one of 2 times when he
> re-recorded the same work, the "Goldberg" being the other). The first

It's been a while since I looked closely at discographies, but I think he
also recorded one of the Haydn sonatas twice (E-flat; 1950's, and late
1970's).  And the Berg sonata, for sure (Hallmark and Columbia).  [I assume
we're counting only official commercial recordings, not adding in the radio
and TV broadcasts and live recordings, which would add quite a bit more
duplication.]  One could also count the Siegfried Idyll twice, maybe.

Bradley Lehman, bpl@umich.edu       http://www-personal.umich.edu/~bpl/