GG:Glenn, it's late...

Ummm...I read *somewhere* about a friend who told Glenn he couldn't talk.  It
was Edward Rothstein, the music critic, and he regrets it to this day [I'd
have never recovered.] Seems ER was on the way to a concert and with
all apologies, he told GG he had to go.  Unfortunately for all of us, and
especially poor ER, Glenn died the next day!  UGGG!  I'm not sure what
the moral of the story is but, uh, my friends, who take my calls at all
hours anyway, stop complaining when I remind them of this tale.

BTW, was it in Friedrich that the story appears about the older woman
who was obsessed with GG and used to stake him out at the Lake Simcoe
cottage? And then there was that woman who wrote GG *every day* for
years and he asked Kazdin to take care of the letters.  But then
there's the story of GG pretending to be Karlheinz Klopweisser as he
wooed Cornelia Foss over the phone only to find out in _People_ that
the Chinese maid who answered the phone was really her husband, Lucas
Foss, all along. Kazdin tells of GG's irrational crush on a CBC
employee and how he was convinced that this engaged woman had it bad
for him.  The line I love most out of Friedrich's sordid book is from
the young musician (?) who knew GG pretty well-- she said he had charisma
to spare but that he "wasn't what you'd call a snappy dresser." So
Friedrich asks if she slept with him and she answers "Oh, I'm not
going to tell you about THAT!" (As if she were Fafnir guarding the
treasure!)  And then Certain Beautiful Girl never had time for him.
I read in the script of _32 Short Films_ that the personal ad really was
found in his papers! And what *is* the story with Roxolana Roslak
anyway? Questions with no answers. I'm beginning to understand why the
Liebestod appealed to him so much.

No wonder GG claimed his ecstasy was his music!

-MJ