GG: kazdin book

Who is the publisher of the book and is it readily available at most well
know bookstores in North America?

In Otto Friedrich's book on GG there is a chapter on Gould's private life
that alludes to the type of behaviour Kazdin apparently experienced. One
of GG's friends told Friedrich that when Gould made a new friend "he would draw him into his world of brilliant conversation, complex games and late
night music. He would talk passionately about God, art, computers, politics
etc. and then inevitably there would come a break and Gould would turn
away to other things and other people, and the abandoned friend would
never be able to find out what he had done wrong."  I remember when
reading the book of being struck by this rather callous regard for human
feelings and also of being confused because in the rest of the book it
describes how kind, gentle and generous he was.  But I suppose it's
possible to be kind, gentle and generous at arm's length.  It's when that arm's length starts to shorten that the alarm bells go off  and he flees for cover.
I don't now think that there was anything inherently malicious re his behaviour-
it was just his pathological fear of intimacy - but to those who were left by the
wayside without explanation, I can understand their disallusion.  I know
Kazdin was a long time business associate but maybe he read more into
the relationship than obviously existed.  Unfortunately, we'll never get the
other side of the story.