Re: The Maestro: Gould fictional character

In message <v02110114ae1296aa4a51@[142.62.3.157]>, Michael Century
<mcentury@citi.doc.ca> writes
>This title is a work of juvenile fiction, author
>Tim Wynne-Jones, published in Canada by Douglas and
>McIntyre, 1995. It  came to my attention without reference to Gould,
>as the winner of a top Canadian literary prize for
>children's lit.
>
>The plot turns on the intense relationship formed
>between Burl, a troubled 14 year old boy,  and Nathaniel
>Gow,  a 50ish eccentric pianist and conductor.

How odd using the name Nathanial Gow - a famous Scottish Fiddler and
composer in the 18th century.

Neil Tingley                   Furtwaengler FAQ from r.m.c.r contributers at:
neil@music.demon.co.uk         http://www.netlink.co.uk/users/music/ & links to
London, UK                     G.H Gould and others "more about me" menu.