Re: GG: Harpsichord Playing

Pardon a digression from strictly Gould-related topics:

	It _was_ Beecham who said that the sound of a harpsichord
made him think of 2 skeletons copulating on a tin roof, but I believe he
also added "during a hailstorm."

	As for Christy's recommendation of Igor Kipnis, I'd like to add a
plug for the harpsichord playing of Christophe Rousset (mostly on
L'Oiseau-Lyre, I think).  His recording of Rameau's harpsichord works is
wonderful, and, having heard his performance, it's hard to imagine them on
a piano.  But if anybody could have done it, Gould could have (after all,
my favorite Gould recording is the Byrd/Gibbons album).

Robert Kunath