Re: GG: AOF Recordings

Only a brief note to point out a transcription for string quartet of the
Bach' masterpiece which I enjoyed very much. It's a live recording made in
1985 by two former members of the string quartet "Quartetto Italiano": Paolo
Borciani and his wife Elisa Pegreffi (violins), with Tommaso Poggi (viola)
and Luca Simoncini (cello), published by the Italian label Nuova Era
(6744/45). The sound is very good and the rendition quite touching. The
final Fugue is simply beautiful. I hope you can listen to this double CD
which is also the last recording made by Paolo Borciani who died only two
months after this concert.

Silvio