GG's interest in the philosophy of Soren Kierkegaard

There appear to be members of the f_minor group who are well-informed
about philosophy (as well as music), and I would like to hear from any who
know about GG's connection with SK. The only two references I found
included mention in one of the books about Gould, and the other in a
1967 interview with him by an Esquire Magazine reporter. GG often used
the word "existentialist" in his writings, and that is one connection
with SK's thinking. Also, GG had strong opinions regarding Protestant
theology, another connection. GG surely would have approved SK's
philosophy regarding free will. Indeed, SK may have validated GG's
lifestyle, at least to GG's thinking.