Date: Tue, 9 Apr 1996 11:26:16 -0700
From: Steve O'Keefe <okeefe@olympus.net>
To: Janet O'Keefe <jokeefe@wahoo.sjsu.edu>
Subject: Re: GG - My Foolish Heart (fwd)

Janet,

It's just a guess, but I wouldn't be surprised if "Jamal Records" is the
publishing company for Ahmad Jamal. Ahmad Jamal was a very influential jazz
pianist in the 1950s who worked mostly in the Chicago area. He was known
for his open, spacious sound. He was a huge influence on Miles Davis. Miles
used to insist that his pianists play like Ahmad. This all happened around
the time Bill Evans joined Davis' band (1958). So, without listening to the
Gould soundtrack, I'm guessing that it's Ahmad Jamal playing "My Foolish
Heart."

All the Best,
STEVE