[no subject]

Two questions:

(a) Can anyone tell me what goes wrong one minute and forty three seconds
into the Sarabande of the second French suite on the CBS recording (I
haven't heard the Sony remastering) ?

(b) Does the following passage from Gould's essay "A tale of two
Marienleben's" strike a resonant chord ?

"Certainly, I can recall no comparable instance in which a great master,
taking as his source material the most influential and substantial of his
youthful essays, re-creates it according to the technical and idiomatic
lights of his maturity."