RE: [F_minor] doubts

Hi all, just a very quick note. On the weekend I was scrolling through some GG stuff on Youtube when I listened to his whimsical playing of Mozart (I think this was a very famous theme/variation thing....) In any case, he was chatting with someone and the guy says to GG, "play it like Hollywood would like" and GG breaks into your very typical, heard it a million times version.

Then he stops and says how boring this was and plays it and explains it variation by variation the way it appears on the recording.  He said that he went out of his way to dramatically exaggerate the tempos to make it sound fresh.  He explained how he wanted to find a new way of exploration.  You should all listen to him because frankly his logic was firm, not crazy.  He knew that it was risky but above all he felt that in playing it this way he was forcing an overly familiar theme to be looked at in a completely new way.  That's GG's insightful genius and incredibly brave self confidence for you.

Regards,

Fred Houpt
Toronto, Ontario

[snip]

This e-mail may be privileged and/or confidential, and the sender does not waive any related rights and obligations.
Any distribution, use or copying of this e-mail or the information it contains by other than an intended recipient is unauthorized.
If you received this e-mail in error, please advise me (by return e-mail or otherwise) immediately.

Ce courrier électronique est confidentiel et protégé. L'expéditeur ne renonce pas aux droits et obligations qui s'y rapportent.
Toute diffusion, utilisation ou copie de ce message ou des renseignements qu'il contient par une personne autre que le (les) destinataire(s) désigné(s) est interdite.
Si vous recevez ce courrier électronique par erreur, veuillez m'en aviser immédiatement, par retour de courrier électronique ou par un autre moyen.