Re: [F_minor] doubts

Doubts??!!!?? Doubts on Glenn Gould?????? I would not have thought to see these comments here (although this is a forum to discuss Glenn Gould).
Interestingly, if you watch the Richter the Enigma video - did I see sheet music in front of his face?? and was he reading from it???
Also, there are those of us who do go to Gould to hear anything and everything he played, including Mozart, Schoenberg, and Webern. And do I/we (f-minor members) care?  Well I do.
I have a specific playlist of Glenn's performances of all the "modern composers" such as Sibelius, Webern, Schoenberg, Hindemith, and Berg. I have playlists on Glenn Gould Bach, Beethoven, Brahms and Mozart (under the et cetera category) performances. Do I like his (superb) interpretations of these composers (and of course all others)? An emphatic yes!
Are there other pianists of the intellectual caliber and genius level of Glenn Gould? Name one! Are there good pianists? Yes, of course there are (Ashkenazy, Serkin, Cliburn, Horowitz, Rubenstein to name a few, and yes Richter, when they all play the usual repertoire). Glenn Gould has been called the greatest pianist of the twentieth century. We are now well into the twenty-first century and I haven't heard any one yet equal to his brilliance.
Thanks for everyone's time.
Katherine