Re: [F_minor] Biography

    Can anybody reccomend the best biography of Gould? I have read the
    GG reader and "Conversations with GG".

By and large, I enjoyed the earlier biographies more than the later
ones, but that could have just been because I read them first :).
On the other hand, Payzant (the very first one) didn't do a lot for me.

Specifically:

- the first posthumous biography, Glenn Gould: A life and
  variations by Otto Friedrich.

- the collection published very shortly after his death, Glenn Gould
  Variations edited by John McGreevy, with contributions from many
  people.  (Not exactly a biography.)

- Etha has mentioned the Selected Letters.  Not exactly a biography
  either of course, but hey, that's the real (written) GG, as close as
  we'll ever get.

karl