RE: [F_minor] Idea of north and 'crys of London'.

Oh, there he goes and mentions the great enfant terrible of filmdom.
Good on yah Bob.  And you're right.  Wells's magic was
that....spontaneity was all contrived; something like GG interviewing
GG.

Wells was by far one of the most visionary and creative people in
film/stage/radio history.  Not only was he one of the best actors ever,
possessed of one of natures most beautiful voices, a fantastic writer,
etc., etc.  We go on about his greatness until we come to the chapter
that relates how sad a life of multiple disappointments he lived
through.  His many projects that suffered financial neglect and the
fallout that haunted his entire film career after Citizen Kane.  No
matter: Wells is still one of my great heroes and I adore his body of
work.  (Downloaded "The Third Man" and have yet to get time to watch -
have seen before and it is sensational).  I have yet to watch the
Amberson film - one that broke his heart....when released.

In closing: Wells habit of stepping on the other actors lines at first I
found to be confusing, as if he had made a mistake but then I realized,
as most do, that it is intentional. It adds a sense of tension in the
dialogue that has its own flavor.  I came to like that habit quite a
bit.

Saluting great artists!

Fred