Re: [F_minor] Ravel

Hi Brad.  I was unaware of previous recordings of the Ravel.  I will try to find them in the future. All in all I was very entertained with GG's version, having heard the orchestral version many times, I was familiar with the music.  I think that we can agree that in his hands the concert grand piano was an excellent substitute for an entire orchestra.  He just knew how to bring all the parts of an orchestra into the body of the piano and make it work.

Does anyone have a clip we can watch of him doing Chopin?  I don't believe I've seen one yet on the net.  That would be too funny.  Maybe not for Frederick, but for this Fred, yes!

Cheers,

Fred Houpt
Toronto

Happy Canada Day!!!!